11.28.2012

confessions of a snack addict



Snacking can be a good thing or a really bad thing.
If you are shoving cookies, chips, ice cream, candy, or sticks of butter (weird) down your throat every time you snack, that falls under the really bad category. Trust me, I get it. If I could, I would snack on nothing but chips, salsa, and guacamole every single day.
The key to healthy snack attacks is to keep your kitchen free of crap snacks and full of healthy snacks!
For instance, since I have such a weakness for chips and dip, I don't usually keep chips or dip in my kitchen. When I do give in, I always regret it because the ENTIRE bag of chips and the ENTIRE tub of dip is gone within a few hours (I told you, I have a problem). 
So next time you're at the grocery store avoid the ice cream aisle, the cookies and cracker aisle, and don't make eye contact with the little candy bars staring at you before you check out. 
Load your cart with yogurt+granola, all natural juices, fruits, veggies, all natural hummus, dried fruits, nuts, and edamame. The list could go on and on, but you get the point. :)
If you snack the right way, you'll never feel guilty about snacking again!
xo

P.S. Most of the time thirst is confused with hunger. Before every snack attack I always drink a large glass of water, which keeps me from over snacking and sometimes I realize that I wasn't really hungry at all. This is also a great thing to do before every meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment