11.27.2012

easy peasy


Today is all about keeping it simple.
For the most part, I am always up for getting my cook on in the kitchen. However, there are those days where I want nothing to do with the kitchen - I won't even look in it's direction. 
This easy meal is perfect for those days!
When I was growing up, BLTs were my absolute favorite sandies. I just loved 'em.
This vegetarian version is just as good, if not better (and WAY healthier) than the meaty version!
It's perfect for lunch or dinner (to make it more filling for dinner just prepare a quick side - sweet potato fries, side salad, roasted or steamed veggies ... etc.). 
My "grown up" version of this sandwich also includes avocado.
Why? Because everything is better with a little avocado.
xo

Vegetarian BLT with Avocado

/Ingredients/

- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- Mayo
- 2 veggie bacon slices (MorningStar Farm's is my favorite!)
- Lettuce
- Sliced tomato 
- 1 Avocado 

/Instructions/

- Microwave veggie bacon, toast whole wheat bread, assemble sandwich as desired using the rest of the ingredients.

-Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! I'm not vegan, but I like to make some vegan-inspired substitutes sometimes.

    ReplyDelete