7.13.2012

munchies

My goal for the last few years has been to cut out most of the crap from my diet. No more soda, very little to no fast food, anything with hydrogenated oil is gone (goodbye, Doritos), and I try really hard to make my snack attacks as healthy as possible. I know for myself and many others, snack time can be the enemy. I mean there is a reason I don't keep potato chips, cookies, ice cream, or any other delicious - but go straight to my ass - treats in my house. They get me every time. 


Luckily, I have stumbled upon (and by stumbled upon, I mean I've searched long and hard for and finally found) some really great and healthy snacks for when I just need a little something to keep me going. 

One of my favorites is Chobani Greek Yogurt. It's freaking delicious. Throw some berries in there and you've got a party in your mouth. However, some greek yogurts can be loaded with sugar, so you might want to be careful if that's something you are being cautious about. 
Hummus is my go to afternoon snack. My favorite is roasted garlic hummus, but all hummus is good hummus (as long as it's all natural!). You don't want hummus that's loaded with a bunch of shit. Also, you probably shouldn't eat roasted garlic hummus if you are on a first date or in a new relationship. You will stink for a couple of days after eating this stuff - but oh my is it worth it. 
The Laughing Cow cheese wedges are low in calories and come in a variety of flavors. I like to spread a little of this magic on some flax seed crackers or some celery.
Lastly, dried fruit. Dried bananas and cranberries are my absolute favorite! I will say this though, always try and go for dried fruit that has no added sugar. The whole point is to snack in a healthy way and most dried fruits are plenty sweet on their own. 

Some of my other favorite snacks are almonds, berries, edamame, apple slices with a little almond butter and flax seed, and of course fruits and veggies. 

My advice? Get creative! You will feel so much better once you put down the potato chips and diet pepsi. I promise. :)

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment