7.16.2012

grillin

Happy Monday, folks! I hope your weekend was fantastic. We spent our weekend relaxing, cleaning, and enjoying a little BBQ. My all time favorite thing to grill is chicken kabobs. Honestly though, I don't do any of the actual grilling. In our home, the lady does the prep work and the man is the grill master, which is more than okay with me. 


I like to keep my kabobs pretty basic, but the best part about kabobs is the freedom one has to get a little crazy! So by all means, let your hair down and use whatever gets your engine going. Oh and I know, that bowl of raw chicken looks so delicious. 


As far as what marinade you should use for the meat, make sure you choose one that isn't loaded with sugar. With most marinades the very first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup. If you're creative or handy in the kitchen, go ahead and make your own marinade. If you're like me, just make sure you read the label. :) Let the meat you're using marinade for at least 30 minutes. 


pineapple, mushrooms, onions, green and red peppers, tomato and chicken.
 leave on the grill for about 20-25 minutes. 

For this grilling sesh, I decided to pair my kabobs with a little quinoa. Quinoa is delicious and so so good for you. A simple trick to adding a ton of flavor to quinoa is cooking it in low sodium chicken broth instead of water. Throw in a dash of garlic powder, salt, and a little pepper and you're ready to go! Another great side option is brown rice. Just avoid white rice, that stuff is no bueno. 


xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment