3.05.2013

Tasty Tuesday: Polenta with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms

Tuesdays are one of my favorite days. I have one morning class and then the rest of the afternoon to catch up on homework and study for any exams I have coming up. My schedule is jam packed today and I have so much to do, but I wanted to share this recipe with you guys.
I'm also starting a new tradition, Tasty Tuesdays. The name pretty much sums it up. :)

This recipe is very informal. 
If you are new to polenta and don't have a lot of experience preparing it, look up a few different recipes to try so you can decide how you like it best!

For this dish you will need:

::ingredients::
- Quick cooking polenta (follow cooking instructions on package)
- 2 to 3 cups mushrooms (chopped - I used white button and crimini)
- 1 medium sweet onion (sliced)
- Earth Balance Butter (or regular butter)
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Vegetable broth

::instructions::
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil in medium skillet, add onions and mushrooms. 
- Cook onions and mushrooms over medium heat until onion becomes clear and mushrooms start to brown. Then turn heat down to low and allow onions and mushrooms to caramelize. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare polenta as instructed on package (I used vegetable broth, earth balance butter, and salt+pepper in mine, but feel free to use cream, cheese, regular butter - whatever you would like)
- Once everything is done, serve mushrooms and onions over the polenta.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment