2.27.2013

a few changes

Hi love bugs.
So in the last week or so there have been a lot of changes in the Hiatt/Stroup household. For starters, I got a job! Woo! I'm pretty excited to be working again, especially because all of this wedding stuff is expensive and I'm not much of a bargain shopper. :) 
There have also been a few changes with our diet in the last couple of weeks. I would love to tell all of you that my three month vegan challenge is still going strong, but I would be lying. What can I say? I was just getting sick of it (and I really missed eggs!). I also started tracking my daily protein intake and I just wasn't getting enough protein in my diet. Even with all of the quinoa and beans I was consuming. 
Because of this I have also started incorporating a little bit of fish back into my life. I already feel a lot better and I hate to say it but I'm much more excited about food than I was while being vegan. For those of you who love/need labels, I guess you could call me a pesco-vegetarian? I don't know! Regardless of my label, I am still focused on eating whole foods and maintaining a healthy lifestyle! 
What I do know and can promise, is you will still find vegan recipes on my blog! 
Along with vegetarian recipes and a few pesco-vegetarian recipes. 
I commend all of you who are able to stick with a vegan lifestyle and while I wasn't able/didn't want to continue in the vegan world, I completely understand why you make the choices you do!
xo
*image from pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment