12.11.2012

happy decorating!



I would like to start off this post by confessing that all of my Christmas decorations have been up since before Thanksgiving. I had the Christmas itch early, get over it!
I would also like to add that when it comes to decorating our house, I'm a minimalist. I don't even like to have pillows on the couch because it feels like clutter to me. I'm a total weirdo, I know. I'm working on it. 
When I'm decorating for Christmas, I like to stick to the same principles. Keep it simple and keep it clean. I love when our house is all jazzed up for Santa's arrival and I don't want to ruin it with a bunch of Christmas knick-knacks. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I'm decorating for the holidays I like to have a plan. Come up with a color scheme and instead of purchasing a lot of little items, pick out a few statement pieces that will last you forever. Every year I like to add one or two new pieces to my collection that still work well with my existing pieces. I like to keep things classic when it comes to my colors. Reds, whites, rustic browns, with bits of gold and silver (you can't go wrong with metallics). However, if hot pink trees and lime green garland give you that fuzzy Christmas feeling, knock yourself out! 
As long as your decorations make sense and work well together, you can't go wrong. 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment