2.01.2013

game day guac

Happy Friday!
This week was long and stupid, which is exactly why I'm so excited that the weekend is finally here!
Tomorrow, Joel and I will be channeling our inner models for a photo shoot. Fancy, huh? :)
I wish I could tell you that we are getting our engagement photos done, but no this is just for fun!
Sunday is of course Superbowl and since I don't give a hoot about either team, I will be paying close attention to the commercials and indulging in some clean snacks.
As I've mentioned previously, my weakness is chips and dip. My favorite chip and dip combo is all natural tortilla chips and fresh guacamole. YUM. 
I've experimented with a lot of different guacamole recipes. Most of them either had something missing or they were too salty, limey, or just wrong in every way. 
This recipe is perfect.
Add it to your Superbowl menu and enjoy. :)

Guacamole

::ingredients::
-2 ripe avocados
-1/4 onion (minced)
-1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)
-1/2 lime (juiced - use more if needed)
-1 clove garlic (minced)
-1/4 tsp chili pepper
-3/4 tsp salt (coarse salt is the best!)
-Fresh pepper to taste
-1/8 cup cilantro (chopped)
-1/4 cup tomato (seeded and diced - optional)

::instructions::
-Cut avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a medium sized bowl
-Using a fork or potato masher, mash the avocados with the lime juice, onion, garlic, jalapeno, chili power, salt, and pepper
-Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking
-Gently stir in cilantro and tomato
-Eat!
*If you are making ahead of time and wont be eating right away, cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap against the dip and keep in the fridge.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
xo
*recipe adapted from browneyedbaker

No comments:

Post a Comment