2.18.2013

back to normal (finally)

Happy Monday!
I hope you're sitting on your couch, enjoying an extra day off like I am. :)
If you don't have the day off and you're at work, I'm very sorry. Hang in there!
Anyway, I have a few confessions to make. I know I've been dropping the ball with my blog posts lately. I wish I could tell you that it's because I've been too busy eating clean and spending hours at the gym. However, it's quite the opposite. Since coming back from New York I have had a really hard time getting back on track. I've been eating like crap and haven't been to the gym once. FAIL.
My mood has been off and I have felt gross and sluggish. I finally gave myself a swift kick in the ass yesterday and I'm officially back on track! Even after just one day of eating clean and being active, I feel SO much better. So again, I apologize for the lack of posting but I'm finally back in action!
To help my body get back to normal and help with my detox, I'm turning to juice and green smoothies.
Since I'm a total creature of habit, I have a few go-to recipes that I like to stick with. Here they are:

1. ::2 Apples, 2 Celery Sticks, 1 Carrot, 1 cup Fresh Cranberries:: This juice is LOADED with antioxidants.  It's also full of vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, it helps detoxify your liver,  the cranberries promote a healthy urinary tract and can help with skin conditions (acne, eczema, psoriasis). It also tastes really freaking good!

2. ::1 Apple, 2 Carrots, 2 Oranges, 2 cups Spinach:: It's always a good idea to throw in some spinach or kale when you're juicing. When you juice spinach it adds vitamin K, vitamin A, folate, manganese, potassium, calcium, and iron. Good stuff!

3. ::3 cups fresh spinach, 1 cup Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (plain/nonfat)/Soy Yogurt, 1.5 Frozen Bananas, 1.5 tbsp Peanut Butter, a handful of Ice Cubes:: I don't make a whole lot of smoothies. I'm not crazy about the texture of most smoothies and I would much rather just make some juice. However, this smoothie will make you feel so great! It's also a great way to get some fiber into your diet since you can't get fiber through juicing (remember, you should be consuming 25-35g of fiber every.single.day). It's also loaded with calcium, vitamins, folate, potassium, and iron. It's a great way to start your day and it will keep you full for a quite a while!

4. ::2 Oranges, 1 Apple, 1 Pear, 1 Carrot, Ginger:: This is my favorite juice! It tastes amazing and gives me an instant boost of energy. I love drinking this for breakfast, before I study, and before an exam. It just clears up my mind and makes it so much easier to focus. It's also a great juice for when you're sick. The ginger works wonders on your sinuses and boosts your immune system. It's loaded with vitamins, helps maintain/improve vision, and is a great source of antioxidants!


I'm always trying to mix it up when I juice or make smoothies, but as of right now those are my top 4. I also love to throw in some beets, kale, pineapple, or grapefruit. The possibilities are endless! 
I'm excited that I'm finally feeling better and getting back into my routine!
xo

2 comments:

  1. I have juice every morning love it.. Today it was beets, apples, oranges and ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have juice every morning love it.. Today it was beets, apples, oranges and ginger.

    ReplyDelete