11.14.2012

movin' and shakin'

Happy Wednesday!
Today is all about getting off your butt and moving! 
I would be lying if I said working out was something I loved to do or something I am great at sticking with. I hate the gym and it takes a lot for me to actually "workout". But hitting the gym or taking a workout class is not the only way to get yourself moving. Go on a walk, ride your bike, run/jog around your neighborhood, play some basketball/tennis/golf/football. Whatever floats your boat. I know for me it is so much easier and more enjoyable to take my pup on a walk or ride my bike around on a nice day, then it is to go to a gym. 
Whatever you choose, it is so important to get some form of moderate exercise for AT LEAST 30 minutes a day. Whether you break that up into 3 ten minute sessions or get your 30 minutes in all at once - you need at least 30 minutes. 
(To give you an idea of what moderate exercise would be - walking at a pace of about 4 mph is considered moderate)
So get off your ass and move around. It's what our bodies are built to do. :)
Have a wonderful rest of your day, everyone! 
(photos can be found on my pinterest page!)

No comments:

Post a Comment